Paul Edward Evans’s Answers
Paul Edward Evans
Blue Springs Personal Injury Lawyer.
Contributor Level 2
2 Legal Answers | 0 Legal Guides
Auto accident personal injury insurance question
Answered 11 months ago.
Christopher John Finn Jonathan Alexander Karon Dennis M. Lindgren Joshua Rubin Weinberger Stefano Vincenzo D’Agostino ··· 19 lawyer answers
Your claim is against the driver at fault. A state having PIP coverage likely has a set amount of medical damages that are covered regardless of fault, and if your medical bills surpass that amount, then you can file a lawsuit against the other driver. If the other driver does not have sufficient coverage amounts to satisfy your damages, you could then look to your own insurance company for the excess if you have underinsured motorist coverage on your policy.

3 lawyers agreed with this answer
If is legal for seperated spuce to use a checking account that is in the other persons name?
Answered almost 2 years ago.
Paul Edward Evans Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora Amy Lynne Stavis 3 lawyer answers
The funds in the account will be considered marital property. However, if your spouse is not a signatory on the account, it would be fraudulent to sign your name without your permission. To address your concern, you would need an account in your sole and separate name. This will stop her from legally accessing the funds, but does not make the account non-marital. Also, if your spouse is financially dependent upon you, you may have a duty because of the marriage for spousal support, medical…

1 lawyer agreed with this answer